The MADs Blog Awards (The MADs) are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. This policy explains what personal information we may collect about you when you visit our site, and what happens to any personal data you provide to us.
In running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information about your use of the site, including details of your visit such as pages viewed. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other information about your computer, but will not include any data that personally identifies you.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, such as your name and email address when you fill in a nomination, voting or contact form on our website. If you are a winner of a MADs award, we will request your home address and telephone number to enable us to arrange delivery of your prize.
- Information you voluntarily provide when you communicate with us by any other means.
We may use the information that we collect to help improve the service we offer to visitors to our website. In addition, we may use information for one or more of the following:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to the Awards.
- To inform you of any changes to the awards process or our website.
- To provide sponsors with general demographic information about participants in the awards. This information will be aggregated and will not identify any individual user.
If you would prefer us not to use this information, please let us know by contacting Sally by email.
In operating our website, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data is treated with care and stored securely. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data you choose to send to use electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party organisation or individual without your consent, unless we are legally required to do so. Examples of occasions where we may need to share your personal data include:
- In the event you win a prize in the MADs Blog Awards, in which case we will share your delivery address and email address with the company providing the prize.
- In the event that we are legally required to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection or to reduce the risk of fraud.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. If for any reason you are concerned with the way we are using your personal information, or would like to correct or request that we delete such personal information, please contact us using the details listed below.