Who can take part
- The MAD Blog Awards are open to any blogger resident in the UK, or any UK blogger based overseas (ex-pat bloggers).
- Blogs must be owned and written by the same individual(s). Blogs written by someone employed by a third party to write the blog are not eligible for the awards.
- Blog content must relate in part or in whole to family life.
- Blogs entering the awards must have been blogging for a minimum of three months prior to the launch of the 2014 MAD Blog Awards.
- Blogs participating in the awards must confirm their wish to participate by either:
a) Emailing MADS@fleaenterprises.com to confirm their willingness to participate OR
b) Displaying one of the 2014 MAD Blog Awards badges on their site, code for these badges is available on our Downloads page.
- Inclusion in the awards is strictly at the discretion of the awards organisers. We reserve the right to exclude any blog we do not believe meets our eligibility requirements.
- The organisers reserve the right to exclude blogs that a) breach any third party’s intellectual property rights including, without limitation, copyright, patent rights, trade mark rights, performer’s rights, rights of confidence; or b) are unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive, harrassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, which contain explicit or graphic descriptions or images, or accounts and images of sexual acts, or which impersonate any third party; or c) which bring the awards, organisers, sponsors or other participants into disrepute.
- By downloading and using one any of our MAD Blog Awards badges you agree to these terms and conditions.
Nominations for blogs that the organisers consider ineligible for the category in question will not be counted.
Specific category requirements (in addition to general eligibility requirements) are as follows:
- Best MAD Baby Blog: the blog must be, in part or in whole, about a baby born after Feb 1, 2013
- Best MAD Pregnancy Blog: the blogger must have been pregnant between Feb 1, 2013 and the launch of the 2014 MAD Blog Awards.
- Best MAD Family Travel Blog: the blog must have published content, in part or in whole, about family travel in the UK or overseas during the 12 months prior to the awards launch date
- Best New MAD Blog : the blog must have launched less than 12 months prior to the awards launch date
- Best MAD Craft Blog: the blog must have published content, in part or in whole, about family craft activities suitable for children in the 12 months prior to the awards launch date
- Best MAD Food Blog : the blog must have published content such as original recipes, reviews or other food-related content in the 12 months prior to the awards launch date
- Best MAD thrifty blog: the blog should have published content, in part or in whole, about money-saving tips, home economics, personal finance, recycling or other thrifty topics during the 12 months prior to the awards launch date
Withdrawing from the awards
Should you wish to withdraw from the awards at any time, please inform the awards organisers by emailing MADS@fleaenterprises.com.
Nominating and Voting in the Awards
The MAD Blog Awards consist of three stages:
- Stage 1, Nominations:
- Stage 2, Voting: The four blogs in each category with the most nominations will be shortlisted, along with one blog in each category chosen by the judges, and voting will commence.
- Stage 3, Results: The blog with the highest number of votes will be the winner, except the MAD Blogger of the Year, who will be chosen from the shortlisted blogs by our judging panel. Winners are announced at the MAD Blog Awards Ceremony.
The opening and closing dates for each stage of the awards will be published on the MAD Blog Awards website. All nominations and votes must be submitted using the form on the MAD Blog Awards website.
You may only submit one set of votes and one set of nominations. Multiple votes, automated votes or duplicated votes will not be counted.
The MAD Blog Awards takes no responsibility for votes that do not reach us due to technical or other failures. If you do not see a confirmation message after nominating or voting and suspect your vote has not been counted, please contact us immediately and we will ensure the nomination/vote is included.
Unfortunately, we are not able to verify the status of any vote unless we are notified immediately.
Bloggers are free to promote their entry in the awards via blogs, Twitter, Facebook or any other channel. However, you may not offer financial or other material incentives in return for nominations/votes, or post content that may bring the awards, organisers, sponsors or other finalists into disrepute. You may not solicit votes or nominations via ‘vote swapping’ websites or similar. Breaching these rules may be grounds for disqualification.
Participation in the awards requires bloggers to display a MAD Blog Awards 2014 badge on their blog at each stage of the awards. Badges can be downloaded from the MAD Blog Awards website. Blogs failing to display a badge will not be eligible to win an award.
The MAD Blog Awards 2014 logo, website and all content is strictly copyright of Flea Enterprises Ltd. Please do not modify or use any of this website’s content without the written permission of the site owner.