It has been an amazing couple of weeks; the web monkeys are exhausted and have worn out several abacuses trying to keep up with the huge number of nominations that have been cast so far in the 2013 Mad Blog Awards for UK parent blogs.
But it is not over yet!
The first stage of the Mad Blog Awards close at MIDNIGHT tonight so there is still time to make a difference and get those last few nominations.
Here are some last day tips to encourage those final nominations (some being more helpful than others *cough*)
- Email around the office or to friends and family telling them about the Mad Blog Awards and asking them to nominate your fantastic blog in the categories you feel fit best.
- Create a “nominate me” sandwich board to wear and spend the day kissing babies in the High Street, campaigning for nominations.
- We previously said to avoid tattoos, but you may want to consider a temporary one to sit across your forehead, gently reminding people that nominations end today.
- Write a blog post and pop it on Facebook and Twitter; historically this is more successful than the tattoo option.
- Call your family and tell them all about the awards and how much you would like to be a finalist and promise to cook dinner next week.
When the clock hands come together this evening striking midnight this stage will be over and the counting begins. Next week, we will publish a full list of all blogs that have been nominated up to the closing second, so make sure you pop back to refresh your blog reading list!
What happens next?
We sift through all the nominates making sure each is eligible for the category it is nominated in; we have raised some parent blogger eyebrows this year with some of the nominees in Best Pregnancy Blog.
Once we are sure all the nominations are in the right place we start to add them all up. This can take some time because blogs are sometimes nominated using different URLs and the occasional typo and we need to make sure we don’t miss anyone!
When complete, the four blogs with the most nominations in each individual category will become Mad Blog Award finalists. Our lovely panel of judges will also choose one additional finalist in each category that they feel deserves a spot in the final five.
Then we will share the good news, and reveal just who you have put in the final and the voting period will begin.
The fun doesn’t stop there. Over the coming months, we’ll be running lots of exciting promotions and competitions; there will be videos and activities to help you get to know the finalists and a very special surprise for our MAD Bloggers in May (although we can’t reveal too much just yet).
To move forward to the next stage of the awards we need to know you want to participate and the easiest way to tell us this is by putting one of our badges on your blog.
So … make your sandwich board, email your friends, tell those who love you about the Mad Blog Awards and enjoy the last day of nominations. We want to extend a huge thanks to all the bloggers and sponsors taking part this year, it has been an incredible start and we have found some fantastic new blogs to read in our nominations pages. It has been emotional and this is simply the start!
Good luck to everyone and it is your very last chance to get nominating.